Concrete pool decks can be dangerous when wet. Most homeowners worry that children would slip and fall while enjoying the pool and pool area. The best way to eliminate danger is to make the pool decks slip resistant.
Before coming up with expensive paving materials, it is important to know that there is an economical option: Spray Knock Down Finish. Knockdown Texture is a pool deck knockdown finish that promotes safety, all thanks to its non-skid texture and heat-reflective features. this is also called cool decking.
Spray Knockdown Finish Concrete Resurfacing Process
While other coatings are poured and spread with a roller brush, this system calls for a hopper gun. This concrete resurfacing solution is not only for concrete pool decks but also for patios, driveways, and other concrete surfaces. The installation process of a knockdown texture on concrete on pool decks, although fast and easy, requires the expertise, experience, and equipment of a professional concrete contractor.
- Step 1: The installer first performs a thorough assessment of the concrete surface that requires pool deck resurfacing. Damage should be fixable and manageable. If not, a concrete replacement would be a better solution.
- Step 2: After repairs are done, if such were necessary, the concrete surface is washed with water and mild detergent. This is to make sure that the surface does not have anything on it that could keep the coating from adhering properly.
- Step 3: The right amount of Knockdown Texture is mixed properly, making sure that it has enough proportions of water and coating to ensure proper drying and hardening.
- Step 4: The mixed coating is gravity-fed into the hopper gun, ready for spraying.
- Step 5: Once the concrete surface temperature is checked, should be something between 60 to 70 degrees F, the coating is sprayed on it.
- Step 6: The material is knocked down with a trowel, just enough to acquire a knockdown texture on the surface.
- Step 7: After the knock-down finish is done and completed, staining can be done if desired. A layer of concrete sealer is then applied to protect the coating and extend its lifespan.
Request a FREE Estimate
Get a Fast FREE Quote
Ready for a slip-resistant decorative concrete project? CALL (818) 332-4803 for a free quote.
Decorative Concrete Surfaces is a licensed concrete contractor with over 30 years of experience in resurfacing concrete pool decks, patios, driveways, and more. We highly recommend the spray knock down finish among other pool deck texture coatings because we have seen how durable, aesthetically pleasing, and economical it is. We are proud of how we have mastered the trowel finish with great detail and precision.
We’d love to tell you more about it. Give us a call us or send us an email so we could schedule a consultation and quotation, free of charge!