High temperature and the sun’s ultraviolet rays are not exactly friendly on surfaces and Los Angeles, California residents can attest to that. It is one of the main reasons why concrete acquires cracks and holes. Luckily, a spray knockdown finish called Sundek Classic Texture was developed. This is an ideal resurfacing solution that is durable, aesthetically pleasing, and easy in the pocket.
A Brief Look at Knockdown Texture
This is an acrylic coating loaded into a hopper gun and then sprayed on a concrete surface. The sprayed material is then knocked down with a trowel to acquire a non-skid trowel finish. The texture, the spraying and the troweling process make it one of the most preferred pool deck texture coatings. This knockdown texture can be customized with staining, custom scoring, and engraving.
What are the Perks of a Spray Knock-Down Finish?
Of all the decorative concrete solutions available nowadays, it can be quite challenging to choose the right one that would provide the most benefits. So, why choose a knockdown texture?
- Slip-resistant – This resurfacing system creates a textured surface with better traction than any other coatings or overlays. This is a great option for pool decks where surfaces are always wet and slippery.
- Cooler Surface – This coating reflects heat so effectively that it is able to stay 30% cooler than other paving or flooring materials. It would be a lot more comfortable for bare footed swimmers to walk on this.
- Appealing – It has similar aesthetics as that of a stucco drywall. This popular pool deck texture coating comes in a variety of colors but customers have the option to have it stained with custom stain colors. It can also be dyed, engraved, and scored.
- Economical – Instead of opting for an expensive concrete pool deck, patio or driveway replacement, a coating of this is enough to restore the surfaces and improve their look and function.
- Durable – Although only a thin layer of sprayed material is needed, it is durable enough to withstand foot traffic, outdoor weather, and other damaging elements.
- Easy to Maintain – Topped off with a concrete sealer, it keeps dirt and moisture on the surface, making it easier to sweep and wipe. It does not need special concrete cleaners or cleaning equipment.
Experience the perks of a knockdown finish. Call (323) 319-5230 today.
Decorative Concrete Surfaces has been in the decorative concrete industry for over 30 years for one good reason: passion. We care about our customers and we want nothing more than providing them with sound solutions that are long-lasting, reliable, and affordable. Our spray knockdown finish coating is one resurfacing solution we highly recommend for both residential and commercial properties in the Los Angeles, CA area.
Call us today so we could schedule a free consultation on your most convenient time. Need a quote? We give it fast and absolutely free.
Trowel Finish Installation Process