West Covina may be a small independent city in Los Angeles County, CA but the need for beautiful and comfortable homes is vast. While there are many floor materials available for homeowners to select from, the prices quite limit the selection. Fortunately, there is a more practical option for floors: decorative concrete coatings and overlays.
Decorative Concrete Overlays & Coatings
Concrete floors, be it indoors or out, are in good condition if they are visually appealing and functional. In time, floors may lose its luster and acquire damage, especially on the surface. Although it is destined to be replaced with a new concrete slab, it does not need to happen so soon. The solution? A layer of concrete decorative finishes, such as:
- Stamped Concrete Overlay – This highly decorative overlay is often used for outdoor surfaces such as patios, pool decks, and driveways, to name a few. The overlay is first applied on the concrete slab and then installers stamp concrete patterns on it, depending on the floor owner’s preferences. Patterns include brick, pavers, flagstone, basketweave, ashlar, cobblestone, and whole lot more.
- Stained Concrete – Perfect for both indoor and outdoor floors, stained concrete is a great way to mask surface blemishes and discoloration. Water-based stains are applied topically, resulting in more solid and consistent colors. Acid staining concrete, on the other hand, creates random color and design effects caused by the chemical reaction of the acid stain as it penetrates the concrete.
- Sundek Classic Texture – This is a cool acrylic concrete coating, literally. It manages to stay 30% cooler to the touch than other floor materials, making it perfect choice for pool decks, driveways, and patios.
- Epoxy Flooring – This two-part floor coating cures to a really hard surface that is resistant to impact and abrasion, which is why it is such an ideal flooring material for garages and basements.
- Polyurea Polyaspartic Coating – A tougher, yet more costly, alternative to epoxy. Polyurea polyaspartic only takes one day to install, making it preferable by most commercial floor owners. This material is also not temperature-sensitive so it can be applied indoors and out.
Call the ultimate authority in decorative concrete West Covina CA at (323) 319-5230!
For over 30 years, Decorative Concrete Surfaces has been providing top quality decorative concrete services in the West Covina, California area. Every single floor we work on is a reflection of our uncompromising experience and expertise. Let us help you make the most of your floors. Just call us, we’ll do the rest.