Canoga Park, California may have a low number of residents as compared to other cities but it is considered to have the most diverse population. As with their homes, there are diverse solutions to renew concrete surfaces without having to take out the existing one. These decorative concrete Canoga Park CA solutions are practical alternatives that do not compromise the need for a tough and appealing concrete surface, be it indoors or out.
Decorative Concrete Solutions
The traditional solution to ugly and damaged floors was to paint over it or just take out the whole slab and re-pour a new one. Although it is still being done nowadays, it is not an economical option especially for the thrifty. Fortunately, there are a variety of ways concrete slabs can be retained and renewed. So how does the resurfacing or refinishing process go?
First and foremost, a concrete surface, whether indoor or outdoor, is assessed by a licensed decorative concrete contractor. This is done to help them determine if the concrete slab is still in a structurally good condition for a resurfacing or refinishing. It will also help the contractor determine how much repairs and surface preparation would be needed.
All repairable cracks and holes are filled and sealed. The surface might need to be ground as well to create a blank, workable canvas. The concrete floor is cleaned and washed to remove dirt and dust.
The chosen decorative solution is now applied. There are various types, each one having its unique character and purpose.
- Stamped concrete overlay is mostly used outdoors on patios, pool decks, and driveways. Various designs and patterns can be stamped onto this overlay, such as basketweave and herringbone. It can also be made to look like brick, natural stone, and more.
- A decorative concrete stain comes in two kinds: acid and water-based. Each one has its own unique set of features. Both can be applied on indoor and outdoor concrete surfaces.
- Sundek Classic Texture is an acrylic concrete coating that features a slip-resistant texture perfect for use on patios, pool decks, driveways, and more. It is known for its cool surface.
- For garage and basements floors, Epoxy flooring is a perfect choice because it is tough as nails. It is resistant to stains, impact, and abrasion.
- Polyurea Polyaspartic is an alternative to epoxy flooring and is usually applied on commercial and industrial floors. Although it is pricier upfront, it is one of the most durable floor coatings out there and it sets and hardens in as little as a day.
See how the best can get better! Call (818) 332-4803 today for quality concrete solutions!
There may be several decorative concrete companies out there but only Decorative Concrete Surfaces can provide a perfect blend of beauty, comfort, durability, and ease of care. We have been in the concrete industry for over 30 years and we have handled several residential and commercial projects with successful results. If you want to know more about decorative concrete Canoga Park CA solutions available for you, please feel free to give us a call. There is nothing we want more than to surpass your high expectations.